Thursday, July 22, 2010

S'mores on a Stick


I love s'mores. What I love even more than the warm, gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate and subtle snap of mildly sweet graham crackers are the feelings they evoke of friends and family, summer and a simpler time. Also, what can be better than a warm dessert that does not require a recipe and only has three ingredients? I am not the only one who loves s'mores. When I was speaking to a maid of honor who was planning a bridal shower she mentioned that the bride to be also loves s'mores and she would like to work them into the dessert buffet we were planning. Could be tough considering your typical bridal shower does not have a campfire. The next best option would have to be a spin on the traditional s'more in a less messy, more refined way. I have coated marshmallows before and even coated mini marshmallows with chocolate and graham cracker crumbs but needed an elegant presentation for a bridal shower. To go along with the champagne cake on a stick and the oreo truffles on a stick that were also on the dessert buffet, I decided to add a stick to marshmallows that had been dipped in melted chocolate and covered in graham cracker crumbs.


In case you were wondering, I used Kraft marshmallows for these. I purchased both Kraft and a store brand and found that, while both tasted very good, the Kraft marshmallows were more dense, which made them ideal for inserting the stick

No comments:

Post a Comment